Weight Loss Wisdom from Dr Aron
Forget your past, forgive yourself, and begin again right now.
Here are just some of the many weight loss tips you will learn from Dr. Aron when you participate in our weight loss program.
Weight Loss Guidance
Common pitfalls include distracted eating, eating mindlessly while at work or play, and eating too quickly, not giving your body and mind the time to process consciously and to digest properly.
- Remove all tempting foods.
- Use smaller dishes and utensils.
- Ask for help from friends and family.
- Make your workplace ‘Smart’.
- Be strong: Say “No thank you”, when offered food
- While eating - focus on eating only
- Chew your food and eat slowly.
- Eat healthy food with minimal preservatives. Natural food is the best choice.
- Stay away from alcohol- It Makes you eat more, stops fat burning.
Feeling Hungry? Try:
- Wait 20 minutes when feeling hungry.
- Drink water to test if it’s real hunger.
- Put your fork down and drink water regularly.
- Learn to experience hunger—you won’t die from it!
How to Fight Cravings and Snacking:
- Use a low or no-calorie alternative: Celery, Carrots.
- Maintain Integrity. You promised yourself: ‘No’ is ‘No’.
- Get busy, do something else.
- Move away from the craving trigger.
- Compliment yourself on succeeding.
- If stressed, try to relax.
Shopping and Dining Out, Foresight is the Key:
- Know ahead what you’ll be eating.
- Make a list while grocery shopping and stick to it.
- Decide what to order before the waiter comes.
- Order less; share a main dish.
- Decide your dinners a week in advance.
Change your rules and you will change your unhealthy eating habits.
Stop fooling yourself in explaining your eating habits and saying:
- I’ll only eat this one time.
- I don’t want to waste it.
- It’s a special occasion.
- I’ll go back on the program tomorrow.
- “It tastes good! I want it! I deserve it!”
This is how we are programmed and we have to retrain ourselves; Stop these explanations.
Invent new rules instead: Believe in Yourself!
- I am strong, I can do this.
- Dr Aron will help me and support me along the way.
- I don’t care what people think, my health is more important.
- Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
- Eating doesn’t make me feel better if I am upset — It only masks the problem.
- My situation will not improve after I give in.
- What if I would have never gained?
- Problems will arise, but I will solve them.
Weight Loss Tips © 2010++, Dr. Aron, WeightLossNYC.com