Healthy Recipe Ideas from Weight Loss NYC
Mom always said to eat your carrots. Now you can impress on that favor in style. Adding in some popular seasonings you’re sure to have at home, sweeten or spice it up as you like. You'll never think of carrots as plain jane again.
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 1 cup raisins
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Slice carrots, diagonally, into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Set aside to cool.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to chill and blend flavors.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.
Recipe Ideas, from Weight Loss NYC
- Apple-Beet Salad
- Avocado Garden Salad
- Moroccan Salad
- Crispy Baked Chicken
- Summer Delight Vegetables
- Strawberry Chiffon
Call for Your First Appointment
Address: New York Medical Weight Loss Center, 7032 4th Avenue, Brooklyn NYC 11209
Call Now to Schedule Appointment
Start Losing Weight, Today, at Weight Loss NYC