Healthy Recipe Ideas from Weight Loss NYC
Skinless white meat chicken is a simple way to get your needed protein with less fat. Try this tasty baked chicken recipe for a family of four, or split up for a few meals for yourself.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (1½ lbs)
- 2½ T Dijon-style mustard, divided
- 1 C fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (2 slices bread)
- ½ t dried marjoram leaves
- ½ t dried thyme leaves
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t dried sage leaves
- ¼ t ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush tops of chicken breasts with 2T mustard.
- Combine remaining mustard, bread crumbs, marjoram, thyme, salt, sage and pepper in small bowl.
- Pat mixture evenly over mustard.
- Arrange chicken, breast side up, in single layer in 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about or until chicken is no longer pink.
Serving size of ½ chicken breast yields 4 servings.