Healthy Recipe Ideas from Weight Loss NYC
Salad doesn't need to be green. Here is an apple and beet salad easy to improvise to your own tastes. Try different varieties of apples and seasonings to make a nice low calorie colorful tasty table treat.
- 4 Granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 16-oz. can(s) julienned beets, drained
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 2 scallions, diagonally sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the apples, beets, radishes, and scallions. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, apple juice, allspice, and hot sauce, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the apple mixture and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least before serving.
Regimen: Low fat, Vegan, Vegetarian, Kosher
Keywords: Apples, Beets, Salad